Wednesday 17 February 2016

Designing my Music Magazine.

I have been looking into what I would like to call my magazine, taking into consideration I am focusing on a music shop that also runs many other businesses such as tuition, instrument building and has many small bands I searched online to help me come up with a few to choose from, I found a website that randomly generates band names (http://www.bandnamemaker.com/) and used this to come up with some inputting the word music, here are some possible ideas:

-Music Invader
-Music Surface
-Music Beyond Force

Another thing I did was think about musical terminology which could also work as a title by looking good and sounding right/catchy to fit my magazine genre and design, I came up with the following:

-Bass
-Chord
-Music Key
-Score
-Tempo 

Knowing that I would be taking my photos and doing the interview fairly soon, I wanted to be ready to get straight to putting my front cover etc together as soon as I could so I sketched out designs of how I would like my cover, contents and double page spread to look like also thinking of the smaller details such as cover lines and where I would like things to be positioned, below are my photos of my drawn out designs:

FRONT COVER-





CONTENTS PAGE-





DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD-






Having these plans will enable me to get straight into the designing process once I have my photos and interview, it will also show my progress should I decide to change any aspects of these design ideas during the process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment