Wednesday 2 December 2015

WEEK 3: PRACTISE FRONT COVER

Our Task was to take an image from the internet and turn it into a front cover using the skills we already knew in photoshop alone:



This is the photo I chose before.


I added the title of the magazine and put it behind her head by using the cutout tool in photoshop to cut out the top of her head and making it a separate layer put the text behind it. I then added coverlines around the page making sure not the cover her face and sticking to one colour to make it look simple but sophisticated. However it's a little bit too simple and sparse so I would have to look at moving the cover lines around and maybe adding a few more.

Doing this simple exercise has given me more practise and understanding of how to create a front cover and gives me the chance to improve on my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment